Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Visual on Web Differs from Report Visual in Power BI Desktop - Secondary Axis

Hi all, I just found a new issue which did not occur before.

So, I have built several visual reports in my Power BI Desktop, and have published them to the BI web without any issue.

Today, I found that all reports' (Old Publication and New Publication) visuals in the website, changed abnormally (without I did any change to my PBIX file and without having it re-published).

Such as, a chart in my report does not use double axis (secondary axis), but the outcome in the web, showed as if the line-chart is standing on secondary axis, without displaying the secondary axis itself.

Those issues just arose today, and only to the web visual.

The visual in PB desktop has no issue at all.

Anyone face the same issue?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue.  Graph looks perfect in desktop, but the Shared Axis is no longer working in the service.  Notice that the line 152K is being displayed above a value of 188K

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turning on "Show Secondary" under "Y-Axis" seems to indicate that this visual no longer lets the columns and lines share the same Y Axis values.   Turning it off again doesn't restore the correct display.

Here is what it looks like with the 2nd axis showing, confirming what it is doing.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have located a potential fix.

In my example the Y-Axis has been set to start at 0, rather than auto.  The end is set to Auto though.  Something has changed on the service which has carried through this Start at 0 into the secondary Y-Axis.  The Service see's this setting and is choosing to use the secondary axis, regardless of whether it is toggled on.

By change the secondary Y-Axis settings to both be "Auto", then toggling the secondary Y-Axis off again, the graph goes back to displaying correctly.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you download the pbix from Service? Does it work fine?

2.PNG

I searched in Issues. But there is not similar topics about this. What data source do you use? Can you please share a dummy pbix file that we can test. If you can't share, please share a few screenshots? Then we can understand clearly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors