Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yes123
Frequent Visitor

Report Usage Metrics

Hello,

Regarding the report usage metrics. There seems to be some issue(s) with it? Some reports and tabs shows up as expected, but some don’t, only “(Blank)”, both for me and colleges. And yes, we have waited a couple of days for stats to show.

I saw that someone had posted similar issues like this during 2017, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Usage-metrics-are-blank/td-p/306363.

Still don’t fixed?

Also, and related to this, what happens with the metrics when you change name of a report or tab?

Or update an existing report?

Or removing a report, and after a couple of days adding a report with the same name again?

Or uploading a new report and then change the name to the same as an  already existing one?

Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know when using the report usage metrics the data is posted from the browser that you are using. So if there are some add blockers there is a potential for the data not to make it back.

Suggested best practise is to use the Office 365 Audit logs, which correctly logs all the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know when using the report usage metrics the data is posted from the browser that you are using. So if there are some add blockers there is a potential for the data not to make it back.

Suggested best practise is to use the Office 365 Audit logs, which correctly logs all the data.

Power BI Blog

Thanks for reply!

Well, I can see it in the logs and it seems fine. But in the report metrics it dosnt show.. Hard to trust the numbers and to what extent the reports are used.

As I mentioned before, it is best to use the Office 365 Audit Logs to best understand how the reports are being used.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ thanks, I am observing similar issue with usage metrics, unfortunately the O365 Audit logs does not show report page (tab) level detail.

Yes that is correct I have not had a look more recently if that data is in the Office 365 Audit logs

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors