Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SuryaVee
Helper I
Helper I

Report URL issue in passing a DateTimevalue

Hi Team,

I'm trying to pass a datetime value from one report to another report using Report URL as Hyperlink.

From the Report URL filters documentation, i came to know that for DateTime type the value should be prefixed with DateTime.

Can anyone please give me the syntax for the same?

I tried the below URL and it does not work,

"<ReportURL>?chromeless=1&filter=DestnReportTable/DestnTableColumn ge DATETIME '2018-09-27 9:52:00 AM'"

When I use the above URL, the destination report field does not get filtered based on the date given.

Need help.

Thanks

SuryaVee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SuryaVee,

By my confirmed and testing, you could refer to the url parameter for datetime type below.

URL?filter=Table/Date gt datetime'2018-09-27T09:55:00'

report url filter.png

You also could have a test with my test sample file.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SuryaVee,

I have had a contact with PG and will update here if I get any information.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay..

Or is it possible to pass the value as String and make it available as a Text atleast in the destination report?

What I'm trying to achieve is,

My Source report is in Import mode and I need the Last refresh time of that Import mode dataset to be passed to the destination report (in Direct Query mode). This is because all the new records that are not yet refreshed in dataset will be highlighted in the destination report (Direct Query with Live data). 

Is there any other way to get the Last refreshed time of Source dataset in my Destination report?

Or is it possible to pass that as a string and have the value stored in a column so that i can use it for Conditional Formatting.

Thanks

SuryaVee

Hi @SuryaVee,

By my confirmed and testing, you could refer to the url parameter for datetime type below.

URL?filter=Table/Date gt datetime'2018-09-27T09:55:00'

report url filter.png

You also could have a test with my test sample file.

Best Regards,

Cherry

SuryaVee
Helper I
Helper I

Have anyone tried passing DateTime value in Report URL?

From the documentation I see,

Add Power BI report parameters using the url - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

• Dates and times must be enclosed with single quotes and preceded by the word DateTime

But it is not working for me , &filter=DestnReportTable/DestnTableColumn ge DateTime'2018-09-27 9:52:00 AM'"

Please correct me if I'm missing anything here.

Thanks

SuryaVee

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors