Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrr18

Report URL Filtering Not Working

First time poster, however I come here all the time to figure things out...

I am trying to get a URL filter to work.  Whenever I put in the filter, it takes me to a login page.  However, when I don't have the filter, it takes me directly to the report.  

The share URL of the report is:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/4f5f89ef-eacf-4ff4-a7a7-9d2474e164af/reports/0b006485-999b-4240-9c63-...

That link works fine, no issues.  When I add the filter, it takes me to a login page.  All the other errors I could find on the site took people to the report, just did not apply the filter, so not sure what I am doing wrong that would not allow me to get even that far

Example of report with filter is:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/4f5f89ef-eacf-4ff4-a7a7-9d2474e164af/reports/0b006485-999b-4240-9c63-... eq 'Pilgram Schenley'

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrr18 ,

After my tests, there are two situations:

1. You have already logged in to your account in your current browser and generated cookies, so you could enter directly whether or not you add a filter.
2. If you have not logged in to your account or cleared cookies in your current browser, you will need to log in again.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

I deleted cookies and cache, same issue, endless login page

I tried Internet Explorer (a browser I never use) and it gives me the error below.  So I do not believe it is a cookie, history, or authentication issue.

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.

Date and Time: 2020-04-02 12:40:03Z
ActivityId: ee0f5653-1a65-4636-b71e-6e6d523ca159

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors