cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrr18

Report URL Filtering Not Working

First time poster, however I come here all the time to figure things out...

I am trying to get a URL filter to work.  Whenever I put in the filter, it takes me to a login page.  However, when I don't have the filter, it takes me directly to the report.  

The share URL of the report is:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/4f5f89ef-eacf-4ff4-a7a7-9d2474e164af/reports/0b006485-999b-4240-9c63-...

That link works fine, no issues.  When I add the filter, it takes me to a login page.  All the other errors I could find on the site took people to the report, just did not apply the filter, so not sure what I am doing wrong that would not allow me to get even that far

Example of report with filter is:  https://app.powerbi.com/groups/4f5f89ef-eacf-4ff4-a7a7-9d2474e164af/reports/0b006485-999b-4240-9c63-... eq 'Pilgram Schenley'

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Report URL Filtering Not Working

Hi @mrr18 ,

After my tests, there are two situations:

1. You have already logged in to your account in your current browser and generated cookies, so you could enter directly whether or not you add a filter.
2. If you have not logged in to your account or cleared cookies in your current browser, you will need to log in again.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
mrr18

Re: Report URL Filtering Not Working

I deleted cookies and cache, same issue, endless login page

I tried Internet Explorer (a browser I never use) and it gives me the error below.  So I do not believe it is a cookie, history, or authentication issue.

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.

Date and Time: 2020-04-02 12:40:03Z
ActivityId: ee0f5653-1a65-4636-b71e-6e6d523ca159

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.