Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaxItaly
Helper III
Helper III

Report Tooltip doesn't change

Hello everyone.

I have created a report in which I am using a Report Tooltip, and it is working just fine on Power BI Desktop.

If I publish it...it doens't update the data depending on the bar chart column I am hovering over.

It always shows the total data.

Is there a way to fix it?
Is it still a preview for the online service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaxItaly try now, seems to be working for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erratic, yes. But, one thing I've noticed: when it wasn't working, I tried forcing it by syncing slicers. Now that it works, the slicers that were synced between the report and tooltip were still being ignored. Unsyncing them fixed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaxItaly try now, seems to be working for me.

Yep, it's working now, thanks for the segnalation.

It doens't seems to be reliable, though, I guess I'll wait a month or so to implement it in new reports.
I can't check everyday if it is working or not, and it may lead to some erratic data analysis at the moment if it doens't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having this problem too, and it's recent (I've been using the feature the whole month without problems). It works properly on PBI desktop, but the problem appears when it's uploaded.

Best way I can describe the simptom is, when you hover the mouse over a visual that has a tooltip associated with it, the data in the tooltip is not being filtered by what your mouse is hovering over, but is rather showing results for the whole unfiltered report data.

That's exactly the problem.

I guess is related to the service online, since the Desktop version is working flawlessly.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @MaxItaly,

Can you please provide more detail content about this? I'm not so clarify for your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

In addition, you can also take a look at limitations at following link:

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop (preview)

BTW, report tooltip feature still in beta, you can also contact to dev team to confirm if any update on that feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors