Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hftrc001
Advocate I
Advocate I

Report Subscriptions with Distribution Lists

I have several reports with subscriptions that need to go out when the data is refreshed.  Some of these subscriptions have individual email addresses in them and some are a combination of individuals & distribution lists (ie Large Format Sales Team).  The individuals seem to get the notification without any issue but the people on the distribution list arent recieving anything.  Can someone please help as these are some rather large distribution lists and having to load the people individually & maintaining them is not a great option. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the RLS logic work with this Distribution list(DL) ? i.e. does data in the report changes based on the End-Users access , if I have defined the RLS in the development.
Is there a limit for the number of emails in the Distribution list? As I have close to 10,000 end-users?

Thanks!

dawezy05

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have allowed sending from an outside organization and that worked for my security groups by not my distribution groups.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hftrc001 

Do the users in the distribution lists have Pro account for Power BI?

Please check the consideration here:

"You can add other email addresses to the subscription as well, but only in the same domain.

If the report or dashboard is hosted in Premium capacity, you can subscribe other individual email addresses and group aliases.

If the report or dashboard isn't hosted in Premium capacity, you can subscribe other individuals, but they too must have Power BI Pro licenses.

See Considerations and troubleshooting below for details."

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We are using a Premium Capacity for this Report.  So thats not the issue. And in further investigating, it seems that some Distribution Lists are in fact working as people are getting the Subscription Notification but others on different Distribution Lists are not.  The distribution lists are all under the same domain so we are having trouble understanding what the issue is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're experiencing the same issue. Has anyone found the resolution to it? No problems subscribing individual email addresses but not DL (group email address). 

Talk to your IS Dept about how the Distribution Lists are setup.  Ours were setup so that they couldn't get an email from outside the organization.  Since the emails come from PowerBI.com they were getting blocked.  Once IS changeed it so that they could recieve emails from outside the organization our issues went away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors