Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjb

Report Sharing without sharing dataset

I am a Power BI Pro user and want to share reports within my organization. How can i do this without sharing the underlying dataset and/or workspace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mjb ;

One method: Share a report via link:

In a list of reports, or in an open report, select Share.

vyalanwumsft_0-1640743751631.png

and  don't choose build.

vyalanwumsft_1-1640743838316.png

Two method:Manage permissions to a report.

a)To manage permission and manage links that give access to the report, select More options (...) in the upper right of the sharing dialog, and then select Manage permissions:

vyalanwumsft_2-1640743967716.png

b)To grant users direct access to the report select the plus icon (+), enter their name or email address, do't choose it.

vyalanwumsft_3-1640744017148.png

you also could refer this official document.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address.

You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

jxavier111
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

I published main Report (we called " report A") in workspace and create plus 2 Reports based on " Report A" dataset in differente Workspace (we called as "external workspace"). Each report is shared for different user and they cannot see reports that is not originally shared with them.

An user should see just 1 report and no dataset and I would like that export data to Excel ( dataset pivot table) were forbidden ind this case and be allowed only for users who have access to Main Report.

My problem: How to give acess to Report in "external workspace" without share dataset?

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mjb ;

One method: Share a report via link:

In a list of reports, or in an open report, select Share.

vyalanwumsft_0-1640743751631.png

and  don't choose build.

vyalanwumsft_1-1640743838316.png

Two method:Manage permissions to a report.

a)To manage permission and manage links that give access to the report, select More options (...) in the upper right of the sharing dialog, and then select Manage permissions:

vyalanwumsft_2-1640743967716.png

b)To grant users direct access to the report select the plus icon (+), enter their name or email address, do't choose it.

vyalanwumsft_3-1640744017148.png

you also could refer this official document.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

In the workspace there should be a button in top right that says "create app".

You can choose reports you want visible, including a folder structure.

Then on the permission tab you can choose not to give build permissions to underlying datasets

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors