Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

njones2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Report Security Check loop in Chrome

I am having a serious issue in Chrome amd Edge where a user cre a link to a report that users do not have access to yet and in Edge, Firefox, IE I am presented with the appropriate dialog boxes:

access request.jpg

In Chrome and Edge however there is a loop that occurs:

hang on while we check permissions.jpg

I had the user clear all cookies and cache and the issue persists.  

We are rolling out a catalog of reports and want users to explore and make requests and this is a silly but rather large stopper/obstacle for us and I want to see if there is an easy solution.

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I have had the request dialog come up in the past and I have been using Google Chrome and the New Microsoft Edge.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks. I know we have a great deal of RLS on our reports. Again there is no issue in Firefox.

Hi @njones2 ,

First of begin, we occur this issue in the edge browser, but when we access this url in the chrome, the reques access window appears, then when we refresh the page in edge, it went to normal, could you please try to reproduce this problem with the latest version of browser and try to refresh the page if you got the same issue?

14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It appears that my chrome version is actually beyond the version you posted and the issue persists with the row level security we have implemented that is mandated for us to have in our intsitution.  Again, I would question network, data model efficiency, etc but it works in Firefox without issue.  

chromebuild.png

A quick update to this.  The issue still persists in Chrome, however if you click the "X" on the infinite "hang on while we check permissions" a second dialogue box will appear where access can be checked.

This does not solve the issue and I'm only providing it for informational purposes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors