Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noor_Rahmeh
Helper I
Helper I

Report Restriction to Only View the Report

Hello all,

How can I restrict the Access to be only viewing the report without editing ?

I tried to do it from share report, but (view pic below)  its giving me a note that "the user would have the same access as you".

Report View.PNG

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. You can share in two ways.

1- The way you are showing in the picture but removing the option that allows to build new content.

2- Grant access to the user in the Workspace as "Viewer". With this option they will see all reports inside the workspace without edit permision.

Hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. You can share in two ways.

1- The way you are showing in the picture but removing the option that allows to build new content.

2- Grant access to the user in the Workspace as "Viewer". With this option they will see all reports inside the workspace without edit permision.

Hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors