Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Report Page Views New Usage model UserId

In the old usage reporting I could monitor which pages are being used by which login. However in the new model the UserId is a guid not an email address so I can no longer do this effectively? All the other UserId's in the model are all email addresses. Is this a set up issue with our power bi tenant or is this just the design? I can't even do a lookupvalue to find it. 

usage_model.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

But, now if I create new Usage statistics report the Users table is now available so I presume something has changed in the last few weeks for that to happen. Pity it doesn't update the exisiting report models and I have to create new usage reports.

**Update1 - if I go in and edit the report save and then leave the workspace and go back into the report then the Users table is now available in these existing usage reports.

**Update2 - I have to create a new usage report from one of the reports in the workspace save it and then the original usage report will also be updated.

View solution in original post

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1 ,

Yes, you could get different usage reports via enable/disable the New usage report off button.

usage report new look button.jpg

For more information,you can refer to this official document:

Power BI admin portal - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

And it seemed that your issue has been resolved,could you please Accept the both replies(mine and yours) as the solutions so that more people will benefit from it? Thans in advance!😀

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1 ,

Yes, you could get different usage reports via enable/disable the New usage report off button.

usage report new look button.jpg

For more information,you can refer to this official document:

Power BI admin portal - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

And it seemed that your issue has been resolved,could you please Accept the both replies(mine and yours) as the solutions so that more people will benefit from it? Thans in advance!😀

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Thanks @v-eqin-msft . Unfortunately when I go to the admin portal it looks like I do not have enough access rights to see all of those options which is a shame.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

But, now if I create new Usage statistics report the Users table is now available so I presume something has changed in the last few weeks for that to happen. Pity it doesn't update the exisiting report models and I have to create new usage reports.

**Update1 - if I go in and edit the report save and then leave the workspace and go back into the report then the Users table is now available in these existing usage reports.

**Update2 - I have to create a new usage report from one of the reports in the workspace save it and then the original usage report will also be updated.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @v-eqin-msft looking at my report model in edit mode I no longer have a Users table, that is the issue I have.

NoUsers.png

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1 ,

Based on my test, you could find the username in format of email address in Users table:
new look metric.PNGold look metric.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors