Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdelladonna
Frequent Visitor

Report Organization

Hi Everyone,

We are a smaller company that has around 250 employees. We are beginning to roll out reports company wide, but I am unsure what the best way to keep everything organized is, or how other people accomplish this. We are planning on having a decent amount of people on a pro license, but the majority of the staff level will probably be free.

We started by publishing reports to different workspaces depending on which department it pertains to. This is all and good, but since each report can have multiple tabs, etc, users can easily become unclear on where to look.  We would like to add other information to the reports such as who is responsible to review, the refresh schedule, etc. 

Overall, I am looking for recommendations on how to keep everything organized across the organization. Having a giant spreadsheet full of links isn't scalable and provides a terrible user experience. Also, having the separated workspaces does not accomplish the level of organization that we are lokinf for.

The power bi report server looked promising, but at $5 grand a month, that is also unrealistic. 

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cdelladonna

What I would suggest doing is to have seperate App Workspaces for different parts of the organization. 

And then have specific people for the different area's control and allow who has access to those Workspaces.

In terms of more details what I have done in the past is to have a sheet at the end which has details around who is the owner, whom to contact, the refresh schedules and the last time the dataset was updated. This allows the end user to know where to go if they are looking for more information.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors