Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report - Make a copy functionality seems to be lost

Hello Community,

I am opening this thread to share with you an issue I have been facing with my organization colleagues.

We used to be able to share reports and then have a copy done from them, allowing us for small ammendments and personalizations.

This functionality seems to be there no more.

In the past we had 4 options, "Open", Analyze in Excel", "Remove" and "Make a Copy".

then.png

We now seem to have only 3 options, "Open", "Analyze in Excel" and "Remove".

Now.png

Is there any way to recover this functionality in the powerbi cloud app? We didn't do any permission setting change on our side.

Thank you and best regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The functionality is still there

You first have to click on the Reports and then you will see the option to save a copy.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

I also tried to re-pro the issue from my end and seeing that the option is not available in the reports tab >> settings.

I have seen it the option is available under "Reports" tab >> Actions >> Save a Copy.

save a copy - icon.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

I also tried to re-pro the issue from my end and seeing that the option is not available in the reports tab >> settings.

I have seen it the option is available under "Reports" tab >> Actions >> Save a Copy.

save a copy - icon.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ , @venal ,

It seems that the functionality was not lost but moved somewhere else!

It is now presented like this:

copy is moved now-2.png

I don't think this change was announced in any release notes or anything like this, but thank you all for having the time to have a look at it.

Best regards,

Yeah that is true, thanks for letting us know you now have found a new way to get it working!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The functionality is still there

You first have to click on the Reports and then you will see the option to save a copy.

image.png

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors