Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

epaez

Report Increases 5 hours to data when updated o refresh form web

Hi community,

I have a Power BI with DataOrigin in a PosgreSQL database in Azure. The data contains dateTime fields that I use it for graph in the report the data per day.

When in publish from my Desktop to Power BI web, all runs ok, and I can se the same report done in my Desktop in the Web.

But when I activate the automatic schedule refresh, or when I refresh the dataset from the web, or when I use Power Automate (Flow) for refresh the dataset, the report increases 5 hours in all the data. So, if for example a register has a time like 10:31 am, the report now shows 15:31 pm, that means that all the registers with dateTime after 7:00 pm, appears in the reports as tomorrow data when the automatic refresh of dataset is used.

I try to change the Time zone in the Automatic Refresh schedule setup in the Web but does not matter what time select, always increases 5 hours to data. My TimeZone is GMT-5..

Somebody knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Desktop:

Screen Shot 06-13-20 at 10.44 AM.PNG

Web updated form desktop:

Screen Shot 06-13-20 at 10.46 AM.PNG

Web updated from Web:

Screen Shot 06-13-20 at 10.53 AM.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, the Power BI service runs on UTC. You need to do local time zone conversions yourself if needed. 

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, the Power BI service runs on UTC. You need to do local time zone conversions yourself if needed. 

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors