Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Report Data not working in TEST Pipeline Workspace

Hello,

We have started using pipelines for the first time, and managed to deploy the report and dataset to TEST.  The report works perfectly in the normal workspace (DEV), but from the TEST workspace i am getting errors such as:  

"Couldn't load data for this visual, the query referenced calculated table 'Date Table' which does not hold any data because it needs to be recalculated or refreshed."

A lot of visual display this and a load of other ones are just blank with no "see details" link to see what's wrong.

Any idea why after pushing a dataset / report to TEST it wont work?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi All,

I have literally been experiencing the same issue. I published a report, deployed it from the dev workspace to test and production. The dataset in test and production is showing as blank which is strange. I posted the full question here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Why-are-my-reports-not-showing-in-the-Test-and-Production/m...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

@Nimrod_Shalit , @v-diye-msft , @rogerdea , @lbendlin  

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I found setting up a data gateway solved my issue. 

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Make sure you have refreshed the dataset the report is connected to.

pipelines don't copy the data across deployments, so any time a new dataset is deployed and creates a new instance in test/prod, it will be created empty.

In future deployments, data is retained unless the user made breaking changes to the model.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rogerdea 

I tested it but can't reproduce it. 

Note that 

1. When working in a deployment pipeline, different stages may have different configurations. For example, each stage can have different databases or different query parameters. The development stage might query sample data from the database, while the test and production stages query the entire database.

2. If you manage the dataset rules, please make sure the datasource is still available. If the data source or parameters defined in a rule are changed or removed from the source dataset, the rule will not be valid and the deployment will fail.

You might consider:

1. create a new pipeline using the republished content?

2. if still not help, I would suggest you file a support ticket here.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

do you have different connection parameters in TEST that potentially prevent data from being loaded?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors