Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skfinley
Frequent Visitor

Report Builder can't get data from Power BI connection

This started yesterday afternoon out of the blue.

I can choose a Power BI data source but when I try to add a dataset I get the error.

Unable to connect to data source;

Detailed message: The provider either did not return any data sources, or it did not return a value for the DataSourceInfo property.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We are not sure what is going on, but can you please install the latest version and see if that fixes the issue? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58158

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
skfinley
Frequent Visitor

Installing the latest version of Power BI Report Builder solved the problem for me.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skfinley ,

Has the problem be solved? Please consider to mark the answer as a solution if it works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Jefferinio

I am also having this issue since the weekend. Same error message

We are not sure what is going on, but can you please install the latest version and see if that fixes the issue? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58158

Anonymous
Not applicable

what needs to be installed ? new version of power bi desktop ? I am facing same issue

Power BI Report Builder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean download latest version of power bi desktop or latest version of power bi report builder?

Can anybody verify if installing the new version worked?

Yes, the latest version fixes the issue.

Roarp
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem

aaj8983
Regular Visitor

I too am getting this error.  When I click "OK" button it prompts me to Enter Data Source Credentials.  they are already entered.  Logging out and back in to pbi service doesn't have any effect.  There are other errors related to this.  I just want it to work like it did prior to the latest update.

Hey aaj8983,

Is this still happening. There was an AAD issue earlier in the week, not sure if that is the issue. If you are getting a full exception message with activity ID's, please send it to me. bradsy@removetheitalicsmicrosoft.com

Also, any other information you can provide would be appreciated if this is still happening.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors