Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcampbell474
Helper IV
Helper IV

Report Builder: Embedded table in body of email

We need to set up a subscription to send an email with a table embedded in the body (not attached).  Anyone know if this is possible in Report Builder?

(We currently do it in SSRS, just can't figure it out in Report Builder.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @jcampbell474 

So far, Power BI email subscription allows you to send emails with report images and link to reports in the service. I did not find any setting that allows you to embed a table in the body of the email.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nialls_pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hi all.

I came across this post yesterday when looking for a solution to the same problem.

Now that I got a solution, I thought it could be useful for you. It's using Power Automate.

See link below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Convert-MHTML-to-HTML-or-send-formatted-MHTML-in-...

Cheers!

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jcampbell474 

Report Builder and SSRS/PBIRS are not comparable.

Report Builder is similar to PowerBI Desktop, which is used to build local reports, so subscriptions cannot be supported.

SSRS and PBIRS is an on-premises report server with a web portal in which you display and manage reports. You can access those reports in different ways: viewing them in a web browser or mobile device, or as an email.

If you are creating a paginated report, you can try to upload your report to the PowerBI service and create an email subscription for the report in the PowerBI service.

Best Regards,

Yeah, that's what we're doing. An email subscription in the Power BI Service.  Need a table in the body...asking if it's possible.

Hi, @jcampbell474 

So far, Power BI email subscription allows you to send emails with report images and link to reports in the service. I did not find any setting that allows you to embed a table in the body of the email.

Best Regards,

Although it's not a solution, I'll mark it as one because a solution cannot be attained.  

At the same time, we are open to any/all workarounds.

@jcampbell474 wrote:

Although it's not a solution, I'll mark it as one because a solution cannot be attained.  

At the same time, we are open to any/all workarounds.

Workaround is usage of alternative BI tools that can embed report's content into mail body.
For example, SeekTable can do that: tables are placed into body as HTML <table> with inline styles (all custom HTML formattings are preserved) and report looks exactly as in a web view.

You may check how it works here:

Reports delivery may be easily automated with built-in "Subscribe to report" or via SeekTable API with Power Automate / Zapier (or even curl).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors