cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

[Report Builder] Could not connect to data source, connection time out or lost

I am using a Power BI dataset as the source of my paginated report on a premium workspace. Both the paginated report and PBI report are published in the same premium workspace. Currently, users of my paginated are getting the following error:

Could not connect to the data source.

There was an error communicating with Analysis Services. Please verify that the data source is available and your credentials are correct. The connection either timed out or was lost.

The topic below was the closest I could find on this. I did what the user suggested (to give Read and Build permissions to users I've shared the source report and paginated report with) however the users are still getting the error. Any other solutions I can look into to fix this?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Paginated-report-using-Power-BI-Dataset-reports-Analysis-Ser...

I also found this one but did not find any concrete solution from the Power BI team.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Report-Builder-reporting-giving-error-There-was-an...

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: [Report Builder] Could not connect to data source, connection time out or lost

Hi, @olimilo 

Please check if you have access to the data source with the same credentials. You may try to increase the 'CommandTimeout' and 'ConnectionTimeout' in 'Query Editor' to test if it works(Sql.Database ). Have you configure row-level-filter in Analysis Service? For further information, you may refer Implement row-level security in an Analysis Services tabular model . If it still doesn't work, I'd like to suggest you create a support ticket here .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors