Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mixednuts
Helper II
Helper II

Report Builder Color transparency setting disabled

Hi,

In my report table, I am trying to set an expression for a column Fill. This provides me with conditional formatting for my report.

I am having a problem with setting the color. In power BI desktop, using a hex string value of "#99E4F660" in table column formatting returns me a light blue color with a 60% transparency setting. 

When I use the same in my report builder expression, it ignores the setting and sets no color on the column

When I try to set to color explicitly, the transparancy controls seem to be disabled.

Mixednuts_0-1619509031959.png

Any help on how I can make this work?

Thanks,

John

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mixednuts ,

According to my test, it's by design. Limitations like this do exist in Report Builder/SSRS.

Color Transparency .png

Please take a look at the thread hereReport developers use tricks of overlaying rectangles over the top of each other because SSRS lacks some common features of real report layout and design.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your feedback Eyelyn!

While I accept that this is not going to be a feature I can use in Paginated Reports, it is strange that the UI includes a facility to set it and then disables it. Maybe a feature yet to come?

Thanks again, John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mixednuts ,

Could you mark my reply as the solution as well?😂

Thanks in advanced!

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mixednuts ,

Please follow this official document Power BI Report Builder change log - Power BI | Microsoft Docs to learn about new items, bug fixes, and known issues for each release of Power BI Report Builder.

In addition, you could let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback - Ideas

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mixednuts ,

According to my test, it's by design. Limitations like this do exist in Report Builder/SSRS.

Color Transparency .png

Please take a look at the thread hereReport developers use tricks of overlaying rectangles over the top of each other because SSRS lacks some common features of real report layout and design.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Thanks for your feedback Eyelyn!

While I accept that this is not going to be a feature I can use in Paginated Reports, it is strange that the UI includes a facility to set it and then disables it. Maybe a feature yet to come?

Thanks again, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors