Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ReplaceValue function no supported in Dataflows?

Hi all,

I'm currently working on moving the ETL logic (PowerQuery) from a .pbix file to Power BI Dataflows.

I am not able to validate the queries and load the entities. I receive an error message stating that one of the Quereies has an error, specifically the step that uses the function ReplaceValue to replace specific values form a column.

Is ReplaceValues not supported in Dataflows yet? Is this function limited in some way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In that manner, the processing of large data is performed online in dataflows, rather than being performed locally in your running instance of Power BI Desktop.  So we cannot take replace values in power query as the normal way.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thank you. Could you explain what you mean by "take it the normal way"? Is there another function that can be used or are you saying this is a tranformation that always needs to be done in the report itself? Also, is there a list of unsupported or supported M functions somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors