Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Replace content pack

We have a business requirement to provide a report that can be shared by our sales team. This report will be used to create a customer specific presentation and possibly a powerpoint. We achieved this by rolling out a report in a content pack and instructed all the reps to create a copy of the content pack and then customize a version of the report individually to save the settings and customer specific report. This was needed in order to capture the in-session slicers for the powerpoint export. Some of the downsides to this approach was that new content pack changes needed to replace all the individual copies and the users had to manage a growing list of reports in their workspace. 

Now we are moving to APP delivery of content but I'm not sure we can transition this approach to an APP. It seems like we would have to make all the reps editors on the APP so they could save the changes needed to produce the powerpoint. It also exaggerates the number of reports copies that will be stored in the app because all reps will share access to the same workspace and see all the report versions. Plus all the reps could potentially publish another version of the application. 

Is there a good way to accomplish this while still preserving the ability to produce a powerpoint. 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I know that currently there is no capability for the App to be copied and customised. I am certain that this feature will be coming out sooner than later. I would suggest in the mean time to use the Content Packs until it becomes available?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors