Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stathis
Frequent Visitor

Replace a table value with another based on a specific date (when refreshing or publishing)

Hi everyone,

I am new to the bi platform and I am trying to figure out a way to combe three different reports (daily,weekly,monthly) into one. The reports are more or less the same besides some values.

My question has two parts:

a) Is there any way to automatically replace one or more values of a visual (for example table) in my report based on the date?

For example if I have a table with values (v1, v2, v3), I would like - automatically - to replace v3 with v4 based on the date (for example if it is Monday)?

b) Is there any way to completely replace a visual (for example a table) with another based on the date (for example every Friday)?

Any possible solution/idea, is much appreciated!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stathis,

First, you can't replace existing table records in dataview level, you need to go to query editor or change them on datasource side.

I'd like to suggest you to take a look at following link about dynamic attribute based on slicer, it should suitable for your requirement.

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft

Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thank's a lot for your reply. It really helped me understand Dynamic Attributes based on a slicer.

I tried to add to the dynamic slicers time intervals (day-week-month) and in this way to combine 3 different reports (daily-weekly-monthly) into one (this is my purpose).

This method, includes the creation of a table with static time intervals day,week,month (month=30 days), and I have the above limitations:
1) Changing the output of a visual: I would like to automatically demonstrate 2 basic metrics in my daily report, 3 metrics (the 2 basics plus 1 new) in my weekly report, and 4 metrics in monthly report. The purpose here is the columns of my visualization (matrix) to be adjusted by the choice of the slicer.
2) If I set up dynamic time slicers (for example month) the time interval is inaccurate in most cases (closing months are 28-31 days so the selection of 30 days is inaccurate).

Any extra help will be much appreciated!
Best Regards,
Stathis

Hi @Stathis,

#1. I'm not so clearly for this requirement, can you please explain more detail?
#2. You can try to use date function to manually define dynamic month range.

For example:

Replace Column =
VAR currDate = xxx //specific date
RETURN
    CALENDAR (
        DATE ( YEAR ( currDate ), MONTH ( currDate ), 1 ),
        DATE ( YEAR ( currDate ), MONTH ( currDate ) + 1, 1 )
    )

Above formula will dynamic get accurate month range based on inputted date dynamic.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors