Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBiIsFun
Frequent Visitor

Removefilters not working in PBI Service

Hi All,

I'm trying to compare the data from one category to the average of all the categories.  I've used Removefilters( Projects[Category]) and it works great in PBI Desktop but stops working when I publish to the service!.... Is this a bug?  It seems so from my end.

Thanks,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PowerBiIsFun ,
Try re-publishing once to the workspace and open it in incognito mode.

If issue still stays, please raise a ticket to MS Support. They can open the workspace logs and check the issue.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBiIsFun ,
It should be a bug since you are saying it is working in PBI Desktop but not in PBI Services because there is no DAX function that would create issue in only Services.

Please check the below though:
1. Try opening the report in Incognito mode so that browser cache is not affecting the report

2. Try publishing the report again

3. Try publishing the report to another workspace or my workspace to check any workspace issue

4. If none of the above feeds you appropriately, raise a ticket with MS Support reporting this as a bug 

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Hi @Anand24 !

Thanks for the info - it turns out the removefilters function works in another workspace.... so what do I do now?  Of course the workspace where removefilters isn't working is my production workspace!  😞  Both are in a premium environment.

@PowerBiIsFun ,
Try re-publishing once to the workspace and open it in incognito mode.

If issue still stays, please raise a ticket to MS Support. They can open the workspace logs and check the issue.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors