Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Winniethewinner
Helper III
Helper III

Remove user access for a long list

Hello everyone, 

I have a long list of users need to be removed from a few Power BI reports. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to do it rather than I click "remove access" one by one:

2022-05-17_14-27-55.png

Any suggestions is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, security can also be used with RLS. But have a look at this tutorial. You may need to get your IT team to help you set up security groups.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I dont think there are faster ways to do this, you have to remove them one by one.

But in the future, you can consider using security groups to share/give permissions. When somebody doesnt need access anymore, he'she can be remove from the security group, and he/she will be remove from any reports attached to the security group. But this only works if you have a structured reporting service, ad-hoc reports are harder to manage/automate the permission management.

Thanks @Tutu_in_YYC , is the security group referring to RLS setting? If not, would you please elaborate more on how to set up this? Thank you. 

Hi, security can also be used with RLS. But have a look at this tutorial. You may need to get your IT team to help you set up security groups.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors