cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H_D
Frequent Visitor

Remove top option bar from a Power BI application

Hi,

If it is possible, how can I remove the top option bar on a specific Power BI application ?

H_D_1-1611911651407.png

I know that it is possible to remove these features through the Power BI administration portal. However, I do not wish to remove this option bar from all applications shared with a user.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. You can't do it inside Power Bi Navigation. However you can try a tip for "fullscreen" in browsers. You can add a parameter to the URL. Write at the end of the power bi app url "?chromeless=1". Consider that if your URL already have a "?" because it's using more parameters it should be "&chromeless=1" instead of the previous one.

That will render the app in full screen inside the browser avoiding that menu bar.

Hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User II
Super User II

Hi. You can't do it inside Power Bi Navigation. However you can try a tip for "fullscreen" in browsers. You can add a parameter to the URL. Write at the end of the power bi app url "?chromeless=1". Consider that if your URL already have a "?" because it's using more parameters it should be "&chromeless=1" instead of the previous one.

That will render the app in full screen inside the browser avoiding that menu bar.

Hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

H_D
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply ibarrau.

Clear as a bell, I will take a look at this solution. I hope that this alternative will meet with my client's expectations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - July 22, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates