Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

H_D
Frequent Visitor

Remove top option bar from a Power BI application

Hi,

If it is possible, how can I remove the top option bar on a specific Power BI application ?

H_D_1-1611911651407.png

I know that it is possible to remove these features through the Power BI administration portal. However, I do not wish to remove this option bar from all applications shared with a user.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can't do it inside Power Bi Navigation. However you can try a tip for "fullscreen" in browsers. You can add a parameter to the URL. Write at the end of the power bi app url "?chromeless=1". Consider that if your URL already have a "?" because it's using more parameters it should be "&chromeless=1" instead of the previous one.

That will render the app in full screen inside the browser avoiding that menu bar.

Hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can't do it inside Power Bi Navigation. However you can try a tip for "fullscreen" in browsers. You can add a parameter to the URL. Write at the end of the power bi app url "?chromeless=1". Consider that if your URL already have a "?" because it's using more parameters it should be "&chromeless=1" instead of the previous one.

That will render the app in full screen inside the browser avoiding that menu bar.

Hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

H_D
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply ibarrau.

Clear as a bell, I will take a look at this solution. I hope that this alternative will meet with my client's expectations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors