Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alexa_0028
Resolver II
Resolver II

Remove incremental refresh from the existing table

Hi All,

I have model already published to service . It has tables which uses incremental refresh policy.
I want to remove it so I have turned off incremental refresh policy from desktop and also deleted Range start and range end parameters and removed the transformation for filtering row.

When I am overwriting my existing model now, by deploying the file with tabular editor I am getting error.

alexa_0028_0-1642788916201.png

How can I overwrite my exisiting model ?
Please help me.

Thanks,
alexa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexa_0028 ,

This is an error caused by the fact that you did not remove the partitions to which apply the incremental refresh policy.
Please try the following steps.
1. Use the Table Editor to connect to the incremental refresh dataset in the PPU/Premium workspace.

vkkfmsft_0-1643166623605.png

2. Select the table to which incremental refresh is applied and disable the incremental refresh policy.

vkkfmsft_1-1643166801743.png

3. Add a new partition and write the M-code for the partition (i.e., the M-code for full refresh).

vkkfmsft_2-1643167045991.png

vkkfmsft_3-1643167125589.png

4. Remove the incremental refresh partitions.

vkkfmsft_4-1643167250410.png

vkkfmsft_5-1643167287280.png

5. Save the changes to the connected database.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexa_0028
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi All, thnaks for the suggestions.
I tried below approach and it worked for me.
1. Open the model in the Tabular editor and save the .bim file 
2. Again open tabular editor and open the .bim file from the local and deleted the tables with IR policy
3.Deployed the .bim file to service via tabular editor (So at this stage the IR tables are deleted from service)
4. Published the new model file by overwriting the exisiting model via tabular editor.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexa_0028 ,

This is an error caused by the fact that you did not remove the partitions to which apply the incremental refresh policy.
Please try the following steps.
1. Use the Table Editor to connect to the incremental refresh dataset in the PPU/Premium workspace.

vkkfmsft_0-1643166623605.png

2. Select the table to which incremental refresh is applied and disable the incremental refresh policy.

vkkfmsft_1-1643166801743.png

3. Add a new partition and write the M-code for the partition (i.e., the M-code for full refresh).

vkkfmsft_2-1643167045991.png

vkkfmsft_3-1643167125589.png

4. Remove the incremental refresh partitions.

vkkfmsft_4-1643167250410.png

vkkfmsft_5-1643167287280.png

5. Save the changes to the connected database.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

edhans
Super User
Super User

Did you try publishing the PBIX either by uploading from within the service, or by the Publish button in Power BI Desktop? There is no need to preserve partitions since it will be a full refresh going forward.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors