Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vhello
Frequent Visitor

Remove/delete Gateway

Hi,

I have couple on-premise data gateway setup for testing.

Now that the servers are offline I would like to delete/remove the gateway on Power BI Service website.

But I can't

Any ideas?

image.png

Thanks

-Helen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vhello

The 3 dots will appear when you hover your mouse over the gateway name. Please refer to following gif.

Removedelete Gateway

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
LJ_admin

This has to be the worst UI implementaiton of "THREE DOTS"...it's not easily visible to everyone!

You're welcome. Please check my answer as a solution.

osandrolucas
Frequent Visitor

I cannot see the remove button.

The best way to delete a gateway is through the PowerApps website.

https://make.powerapps.com/environments/Default-80523cc1-a4a7-4cfd-9624-859fc5fbaac4/gateways

I couldn't delete a gateway from Power BI Amin/ Manage Gateways.  I went throught he Power Apps UI and under gateway.  Worked fine.

2021-07-19_14-52-35.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

None of the other solutions worked for me on any browser. This one worked! Thank you!!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vhello You should be able to click on ellipses (three dots) next to the gateway name and click Remove. Make sure you've removed all data sources underneath that gateway. If it doesn't remove try removing all reports that were using that gateway and then remove it.

I removed all the reports and dataset. The Manage Gateway page still shows the same as my previous screenshot.

I don't see the 3 dots, instead I see the warning logo. And still don't see any options to remove the gateway

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  Cant see the 3 dots.  Only warning logo

@vhello

The 3 dots will appear when you hover your mouse over the gateway name. Please refer to following gif.

Removedelete Gateway

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mate, that was very helpful.

Cheers,

Bhoga

I cannot see the remove button.

NoRemoveButton.png

Hi - try a different browser - I could not see the menu in Edge but I can in IE.

I followed the instructions here and successfully removed the Gateway from the cloud, but the Windows Service (PBIEgwService) is still running on my machine. Should I do something else to remove that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors