Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnonymousPerson
Advocate V
Advocate V

Remove “Recommended” section from home screen

Recently I noticed a section in the Power BI Home Screen called RECOMMENDED, that shows what others in my organization have opened. This seems like a privacy violation to me. How do I turn this off?

15 REPLIES 15
User_Power_BI_

User_Power_BI__0-1701689703487.png

Hello All,
Please Suggest me if there is an any option to hide 'Recommended' section from Power BI Service.

cek093020

Did anything ever come of this?

No, nothing. Don't know whether anybody at MS read it at all...

NVarythymiadis
Regular Visitor

We should customize the Power BI home page in our organization. Specifically, to either remove the Recommended section or at least select the content displayed in that section. And it should be mandatory for all users within our organization.

Currently, every user can view which reports were opened by others. It raises a significant privacy concern in our German cultural environment, which is heightened by the fact that this information is prominently displayed on the landing page.

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AnonymousPerson 

By default, anyone with the Admin, Member, or Contributor role in a workspace in your organization can feature content on Power BI Home.

This setting enables you enable/disable the ability of users in your organization to promote their published content to the Featured section of the Power BI Home page.

ture

vzhangti_1-1653383543906.png

You can try to disable this feature here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal-export-sharing#featured-content 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal-featured-content 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-zhangti 

Could we get a solution for this, or at least an outlook when it will happen?

Hello again

It is NOT the "featured" section that needs to be hidden.

Please add an option to hide the "Recommended" section!!!

Thanks Christian

Dear Charlotte

From my understanding, it is not the "Featured" section, which needs to be hidden.

E.g. the german council in bigger companies doesn't like sections like the "Recommended" section. This shows everyone in the company what others are working on (or not 😉 ).

So, the suggested solution is not solving this issue. Please offer a possibility to hide the "Recommended" section.

Thanks

Christian

image.png

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I can definitely relate with the German comment. It's not a popular feature at all.

AnonymousPerson
Advocate V
Advocate V

I talk to myself all the time. But I still can't find it in the tenant settings.

Did you get a helpful answer?

We have a pro ticket open on this since nearly a year. So far no traction. In fact it got worse, with more unwanted digests popping up.

Did you find it, by any chance? I'd need to explain it to whoever is the tenant admin in my company...

Laughed at the way you replied before - funny!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Talk to your Tenant Admin - they need to disable that.

The Tenant Admin can't disable the "recommended" section...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors