Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daniele08

Remove Power BI free from Tenancy

Hi,

Any Idea how to remove the license for Powerbi free? we've already turned off the adhoc subscriptions used:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ability-to-disable-free-sign-ups-for-the-free-power-bi/

but one of our tenants doesn't want to see the license on their O365 admin center / completely turn off the service. please see image below:powerbi recon.PNG

Please advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @daniele08,

I have tested it on my local environemnt, we have an Office 365 E5 subscription, if we add a user with Power BI free license. And login on Power BI services using that user, then Power Power BI free license will show up as your screenshot described. And based on my research, there is no an option to remove this free license. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eddie_hendrix
Regular Visitor

Where is the solution for this?  I see marked as SOLVED but not solution.   This is a real need for dozens of customers.   Please help.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @daniele08,

I have tested it on my local environemnt, we have an Office 365 E5 subscription, if we add a user with Power BI free license. And login on Power BI services using that user, then Power Power BI free license will show up as your screenshot described. And based on my research, there is no an option to remove this free license. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello @v-caliao-msft

Same issue with @Djeramon and @saketkarnik. I also have one support ticket opened a couple days ago but there is no reponse yet.

Is there a way to delete the AD for now? I have serveral projects will be impact by this soon.

Thanks,

Well, in that case, how do I delete my Azure AD tenant linked to it?

I'm having the same issue. I would like to delete an Azure AD tenant, which has a Power BI (free) license. The deletion is blocked because I didn't remove all subscriptions, but I can't remove the Power BI license even though it is not assigned to any user...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors