cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniele08

Remove Power BI free from Tenancy

Hi,

Any Idea how to remove the license for Powerbi free? we've already turned off the adhoc subscriptions used:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ability-to-disable-free-sign-ups-for-the-free-power-bi/

but one of our tenants doesn't want to see the license on their O365 admin center / completely turn off the service. please see image below:powerbi recon.PNG

Please advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @daniele08,

I have tested it on my local environemnt, we have an Office 365 E5 subscription, if we add a user with Power BI free license. And login on Power BI services using that user, then Power Power BI free license will show up as your screenshot described. And based on my research, there is no an option to remove this free license. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eddie_hendrix
Regular Visitor

Where is the solution for this?  I see marked as SOLVED but not solution.   This is a real need for dozens of customers.   Please help.

v-caliao-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @daniele08,

I have tested it on my local environemnt, we have an Office 365 E5 subscription, if we add a user with Power BI free license. And login on Power BI services using that user, then Power Power BI free license will show up as your screenshot described. And based on my research, there is no an option to remove this free license. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello @v-caliao-msft

Same issue with @Djeramon and @saketkarnik. I also have one support ticket opened a couple days ago but there is no reponse yet.

Is there a way to delete the AD for now? I have serveral projects will be impact by this soon.

Thanks,

Well, in that case, how do I delete my Azure AD tenant linked to it?

I'm having the same issue. I would like to delete an Azure AD tenant, which has a Power BI (free) license. The deletion is blocked because I didn't remove all subscriptions, but I can't remove the Power BI license even though it is not assigned to any user...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Show Ep 4 Post Show Carousel.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Shabnam Watson demos Incremental refresh & Hybrid Tables and Leila Etaati demos Charticulator.

PBI April Release 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the April 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors