Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relaunch failed refreshes

Hi all,

I've been having a few connectivity issues that made it so that the planned refreshes on my workspaces fail from time to time.

I'm wondering if there's a failsafe way of making the refresh relaunch once when it fails ? For example, relaunching it 15min after failure time, so that we wait for the issue to resolve and try again.

Kindly,

Nossair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can do that with Powershell scripts.  Poll for refresh status (wait for the end date to be available), check for status (Completed or not) , wait 15 minutes, initiate another refresh request.

Or use Power Automate to monitor emails that are sent when the refresh fails, and initiate the second refresh from there.  Beware that this may create unintended loops.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can do that with Powershell scripts.  Poll for refresh status (wait for the end date to be available), check for status (Completed or not) , wait 15 minutes, initiate another refresh request.

Or use Power Automate to monitor emails that are sent when the refresh fails, and initiate the second refresh from there.  Beware that this may create unintended loops.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors