Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KellyDittmar
Helper II
Helper II

Relative Date Slicer - unable to see between/before/etc in Power BI Service

I have a Power BI report which I have created against an SSAS Tabular cube in Power BI desktop. I am using the new relative date slicer all over in this report. When I publish it to the PowerBI.com service - the drop down arrow disappears so that I can no longer specify a between/before/after/etc range of dates to filter  on - rather I can only specify relative dates. 

The red box marks the arrow that I find disappears. relative date slicer.jpg

It is true that if I go into edit mode in the service - then the drop down reappears and the user is able to select a date range from a few months ago or last year. However, I don't want my users (up to and including my Senior Leadership Team) to be required to edit the report whenever they want to slice thru it. 

Is it only me who is experincing this issue? Is there any known solution at this time? 

Thank you!

Kelly

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KellyDittmar,

It is true that if I go into edit mode in the service - then the drop down reappears and the user is able to select a date range from a few months ago or last year. However, I don't want my users (up to and including my Senior Leadership Team) to be required to edit the report whenever they want to slice thru it. 

Is it only me who is experincing this issue? Is there any known solution at this time?

Currently, we can change the Slicer Type(List, Dropdown, Relative, Between etc) only in Edit mode. To improve Power BI on the feature, I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI IdeasSmiley Happy

Regards

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @KellyDittmar

The only thing that I can think of is to ensure that your Date data type is set to Date?

I know in the past you had to mark the Date table in SSAS so that Excel would recognize it correctly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for that reminder!

I just double-checked. The datatype = Date. I also cconfirmed the table is marked as a date table (using the correct date column) as well. 

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors