Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jazzhanya
Frequent Visitor

Relative Date Slicer added through Power BI Service doesn‘ work

Hello,

The relative date slicer doesn't works well if it is added through "Edit Report" in Power BI Service. I cannot make any selection in the slicer's dropdown lists.  But if the same slicer is added through Desktop, it wroks well. I think this is a bug.

Capture.PNG

Would you please help check it and give me some feedback?

Thanks,

Zhanya

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jazzhanya,

Based on my test , I can reproduce your issue here. Actually it is a known issue and the ENG are fixing it now. Once resolved, I will let you know.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Same issue still appear.. 

It was fixed last week and worked for 1-2 days. Now it's seems broken again.. 

More posts of the same issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/relative-date-filter/m-p/514101/highlight/false#M53043

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Bug-in-Relative-Date-Slicer-on-Service/m-p/517091/highlight...

Microsoft please help!!

Hi @Erikvbueren @jazzhanya @qyz225,

The issue should be resolved, could you please check again? If any other question, feel free to let me know. If resolved, kindly mark my asnwer as solution to close the case please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, i still in PBI see in a slicer only List or Dropdown options, nothing more. I tried to ensure the source excel table cells are set in a date format, esnured the correct format. Unfortunatelly, no change. Please help. Thansk in advance, H

qyz225
Frequent Visitor

same here, I got report from end users that relative date slicer does not work anymore, but worked fine last week.

Tried to downloaded report to PBI desktop the relative date slicer works fine

Tried to remove the relative date slicer, create a new one, upload to PBI service, the slicer does not work

Tried different browser slicer does not work

Tried to convert relative date slicer to a normal date slicer it works fine

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors