Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thusvaeg
Frequent Visitor

Relative Date Filter not working in App

Understand there was a similar issue in September last year, but have verified that all systems are updated on our side.

In short : have configured a relative date filter on a Card with States by OKViz using Desktop and it works well in Desktop. After publish to Workspace it still works as it should. But once published to App the relative date filter does not function. Instead of sum per date it provides total sum :

Data:
RelativeFilterData.PNG

Desktop config:
RelativeFilterSetup.PNG

Desktop result (correct):
RelativeFilterDesired.PNG

App result (in-correct):

RelativeFilterApp.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
froy
Frequent Visitor

Same issue (July 2020!!)

It is not reproducible because it seems like a random bug. My reports work fine (containing relative date filters at visual/page/report level) and then, randomly, they stop working fine (visuals that should appear filtered do not show the correct data).

It is very frustrating... Please we need a solution!

And it is not a personal thing that I want, my directors are thinking about changing to another BI tool because several production dashboards are failing constantly...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old thread but had the same issue just now and found I had to reset the report filters to default and then the slicer appearance and filters worked correctly. Seems like a bug but at least the reset seems to have fixed it permanently from what I can see. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @thusvaeg

I have tested it on my side, but not reproduce the issue. 

settingsetting

DesktopDesktop

WorkspaceWorkspace

APPAPP

It works well, so could you please share your sample pbix file for us as a test or more specific details for us reproduce the issue?

You could also use my simple pbix file to have a test.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors