Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anjchatt

Registering id for Power BI

Hello,

I am getting following error while trying to register my id in Power BI,

Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft Power BI. Contact them to complete signup.

My organization is using Windows 7 and Office 2013. Could you please help me on this. Can I update any local setting in my computer to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Anjan

2 REPLIES 2
GuyInACube
Employee
Employee

I agree with @Seth_C_Bauer. It is either that your organization has restricted adhoc sign ups, or you acquired O365 from a partner which has adhoc subscriptions disabled by default. Not sure how your organization is setup.  If your organization is managed by your IT group, and they have disabled adhoc subscriptions, they will need to assign either a Power BI (free) license, or purchase Power BI Pro and assign that license to you.

If you acquired O365 via a partner, see the following.

Unable to add Power BI to Office 365 partner subscription
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-syndication-partner/

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

@anjchatt This sounds like whoever is in charge of your Office365 environment has configured it to stop ad hoc sign up. You need to get ahold of the administrator to either add a license for you, or talk to them. You won't be able to do this from your machine.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors