Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Regional Settings strange behaviour in Desctop, PowerBI Service, iPad app

Is there is a bug in regional settings display (at least for us in Europe ) or at least I cannot get the regional setting to work properly in  all services. I am in Europe so decimal seperator must be comma ( ; ) and thousand seperator a dot ( . )..

I have tried many different regional settings...The currents are:

Windows 10  & PBI Desktop version ( 2.26.4128.403 )

Region : Netherlands 

Regional format : Netherlands

Language ( English USA )

This is the situation

PowerBI desktop query Data load locale is Netherlands..( in formula editor i can use semicolon ) The query editor shows decimal numbers with comma ( correct ) 

Query.png

The Data View shows the decimal numbers with dot ( wrong )

Data.png

Now it get interesting..I create 2 measures and place them in report as cards..One is formatted as currency and the second as number with thousand seperator. The result ? ...Currency uses comma and number uses dot..

PBID.png

If the above is not interesting enough  when I upload the data to PowerBI service..... the comma and dot in the same measures in tiles ( and in report ) are opposite..dot for currency and comma for number..

Browser.png

I left the most cool picture for the end..In a column chart the numbers are with dot..but hovering with mouse over the column card detail is using comma...haha

chart.png

If anyone has any ideas please be my guest..I think it broke with the last couple updates..Do anyone know from what source every service reads the regional formats..i.e. PBI desktop uses windows advanced regional setting or regional format...

Hope I have made some stupid mistake and can solve this soon as last time the bug with powerpivot editor comma & dot problem it took 5 months for a fix..

Konstantinos Ioannou
1 REPLY 1
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I forgot that in the PowerBI app the measures both use commas..!!!!

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors