Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refreshing the source turns all Visuals blank

The dashboard works fine in desktop, but after a refresh it turns blank.
Right after upload:
working dash.jpg
And after a refresh:
not working dash.jpg

I've seen other topics with a simmilar question, but without a silution.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if your filters are set to boolean values.

For your convenience, I quoted the solution of  @Wouter  in this issue.

Situation.

Created a nice report on a sharepoint list. Showed it to my client on the desktop and even the published version. General reaction ..==> "giveme giveme". Okay, give me 5 minutes and you are good to go...but then.. set up scheduled refresh.

Before refresh:

vkalyjmsft_0-1655789853463.png

After refresh:

vkalyjmsft_1-1655789853460.png

Tried a zillion things (removing backgrounds, all kinds of powerquery stuff, changing filters, sources, downloading PBIX refresh locally, etc..)

Finally edited the report in de powerbi services.

vkalyjmsft_2-1655789853348.png

Selected all (empty) visuals and copied them to a new TAB. By the way duplicate page does not work.

vkalyjmsft_3-1655789853462.png

Et voila.

vkalyjmsft_4-1655789853464.png

Okay so the data is still there. Copied all original report like this. Ending up with some extra tabs.

vkalyjmsft_5-1655789852916.png

Let's refresh again: After changing some date in the source so I'm sure the data is really refreshed.

Still the original reports show up empty. The new (v2) version all showed refreshed data.

Okay let's download the report and see what powerbi desktop will do/show/discover/debug..??

Compered report "planning" and "planning v2" (the version created online).

Quickly discovered difference in Page level filter:

Report "Planning"

vkalyjmsft_6-1655789852924.png

Report "Planning v2"

vkalyjmsft_7-1655789853466.png

In retrospective: DO NOT USE BOOLEANS IN FILTERS.

Change it to text in powerquery, change you're filter setting, and you are good to go!!.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, but its not it. there are 4 slicers: 3 text and 1 date. There are no page, visual or report level filters.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Please check my post here

Solved: Report Goes Blank After Scheduled Refresh - Power ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The link you shared is a post with another link which says:
"the dataset for that app report was in another app the user didnt have read\compile permits, added the needed permit on source dataset and it started working. "
But that is not the issue here. The source is the same as for 6 other reports which are refreshing and showing fine. Any more ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors