Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refreshing data in App without having access to the workspace

Hi community,

We want to improve the user experience of the service. Most of our consumers only view reports and use them to make decisions, however they are currently in workspaces. After having watched some videos on Apps I am convinced that they provide a better experience.

There is just one requirement which is that users need to be able to manually refresh datasets (Reports are imported data, no direct query). Is this possible from within the app, or are there workarounds where the users do not have to access the workspace?

1 REPLY 1
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous 

1. If the app users do not have Build Permissions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-datasets-build-permissions) then I don't believe they can manual refresh the dataset from a read-only app view.

2. I suggest scheduled refreshes if your data does not need super frequent updating. Otherwise look into build permissions.

Let me know if this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors