Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jskipper
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing data from a SharePoint folder started to fail

Hi,

I have had a dataset refreshing every hour on Power Bi Service (Premium) without a problem. However starting from sunday January 26 it started failing at 00.13. Last refresh at 23.04 on saturday the 25th januar succeeded.

I can still refresh the data in Power Bi Desktop without a problem.

Did something change in the service?

Error message

Data source error: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: WH_WCP_301 (SQVI) - Open Transfer Orders (301).

I have been testing all kinds of things to figure out the rootcause but without a solution:

Disabling queries

Data source settings - Only have one for the Team Sharepoint site: set as Organizational account and privacy= None

Create a new Power Bi file only with the data sources

If I disable 3 query that import pdf files from a Teams Sharepoint document folder then I can make it succeed. PDF is a tempoary solution until I can get the data in a proper format.

One query for the mentioned query looks like this in a simplified version for testing:

let
Source = SharePoint.Files("https://sharepointpath/GWHWCP/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"SQVI - WH_WCP_301 - Open Transfer Orders PDF_https://sharepointpath/sites/GWHWCP/Shared Documents/General/Data/SAP_PEP/" = Source{[Name="SQVI - WH_WCP_301 - Open Transfer Orders.PDF",#"Folder Path"="https://sharepointpath/sites/GWHWCP/Shared Documents/General/Data/SAP_PEP/"]}[Content],
#"Imported PDF" = Pdf.Tables(#"SQVI - WH_WCP_301 - Open Transfer Orders PDF_https://sharepointpath/sites/GWHWCP/Shared Documents/General/Data/SAP_PEP/"),
Table003 = #"Imported PDF"{[Id="Table003"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Table003, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"TO Number", Int64.Type}, {"Plnt", type text}, {"WhN", type text}, {"Typ", type text}, {"Source Bin", type text}, {"Srce tgt qty", Int64.Type}, {"BUn", type text}, {"Typ_1", type text}, {"Dest. Bin", type text}, {"Created", type date}, {"Time", type time}, {"User", type text}, {"2stP", type text}, {"C", type text}})
in
#"Changed Type"

Thanks.

Br

Jakob

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jskipper ,

Based on your description, when the error occurs again it is worth to check all your data queries are using the same format of setup.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I have exactly thesame problem (also reading from a pdf file). I have checked all my queries are in thesame format of setup but my scheduled refresh still fails.

Kindly any other leads?

Thanks,

Seun Arije

I did not find a solution and I also checked that all queries was connecting the same way. 

I managed to change my data source to .xlsx files instead where the import works in Power Bi Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors