Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refreshing Google Analytics and OneDrive CSV data

I have create a report in PowerBI desktop using "Get Data" -> Google Analytics and then creating custom reports off the data I am pulling in several data tables. I also have data from .CSVs in my OneDrive. 

Based on the powerBI documentation here it looks like I have the below two cases:

Get Data (on the ribbon) is used to connect to and query data from any listed online data source.

Simple comma separated value

For the CSV- the documentation says the refresh should be automatic and hourly however, I have not seen my data update. Where should I be seeing this refresh? I don't see it in my desktop or online version.

For the Google Analytics data - it says I do not require a gateway and I should be able to schedule a configured refresh but when I click on Datasets-> Schedule Refresh- it is all greyed out. Then Gateway connection says "install now" and it is prompting me to install a personal gateway. I don't see any other available options. Can someone pleas help me to get both types of my data to refresh? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

1. How did you get the file on OneDrive? If you just use the Excel connector and the path of the OneDrive local folder, that won't work. Because Power BI doesn't know if it's on OneDrive. 

2. I would suggest you refer to power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links and create a report. Then set scheduled refresh.

3. If you'd like the one hour refresh on OneDrive, please refer to refresh-csv-file-onedrive. The CSV file is actually imported in the Power BI Service.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested loaded bothing of my inputs into seperate .pbix files to see which source is causing the problem:

1. the Google Analytics data source allowed me to reschedule a refresh

2. the CSV data on my OneDrive still did not update within an hour of my changes in my desktop or online and the refresh option online is still greyed out.

This leads me to 2 possible conclusions:

1. having both data sources restricts me from creating a refresh schedule

2. somehow the CSV on my OneDrive synching is messed up still (the .pbix file is also located on my OneDrive)

Any guidance would be helpful!

Hi @Anonymous,

1. How did you get the file on OneDrive? If you just use the Excel connector and the path of the OneDrive local folder, that won't work. Because Power BI doesn't know if it's on OneDrive. 

2. I would suggest you refer to power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links and create a report. Then set scheduled refresh.

3. If you'd like the one hour refresh on OneDrive, please refer to refresh-csv-file-onedrive. The CSV file is actually imported in the Power BI Service.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors