Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maheshl

Refreshing Data Sets failure

I am new to PowerBI, so apologies if this is something trivial. But I am getting error while refreshing the datasets. I saw similar post elsewhere, so I am guessing I am not alone. However, I started a new message, so that I can provide the details like the message says.

Our report was last refreshed on 8/24. So, to quickly try mitigation, I did the following: From the PowerBI portal, I navigated to Workspaces - Datasets - Refresh now. I got the following error.

Something went wrong
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d3682e2d-b9c4-4fff-a394-196e470806cf
Request ID: 0e859bb7-d173-782e-9bc5-9fb52d0334d3
Time: 2018-08-28 18:20:37Z

It does not really provide detailed error. I will investigate the data in Kusto on which this report is built on, but can someone confirm this is not an "internal error"? Also, I was wondering if we could put up a message on the dashboard saying, "This report is degraded, we are investigating"?

Thanx for the help and time. 

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maheshl

Which data source do you connect to? one or mixed data sources?

Do you connect to data source from power bi desktop, then upload to service? If so, could you refresh from desktop successfully?

Did you intall a gateway? on-premises or personal?

Is the account who clicks on the “refresh” button the administrator of the gateway?

Please check the credential of the data source configured for the gateway, update the credential to see if the refresh works.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors