Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akash-Shedge
Frequent Visitor

Refreshed Data

Hii

Need Help on some questions on Data Refresh 

1. I have used Direct query for some reports with data source as Azure SQL and embedded them on my web portal.

so whenever I opened the report on web portal they get automatically refreshed and show me the updated Data.

and for this, any type of scheduled refreshed is not required, Right?  Power Bi 

If yes then the latest refreshed date should be the date when last time I have opened the report on the web portal or in power bi services. 

2. A few Days back I stop the embedded report and restart it.

all the report I mentioned above move to cache refreshed and I don't know why this happened and how to revert it.

3. What happens if I use both import and direct query in the same report for 2 different datasets and scheduled refresh. ower bi will update the report or not, Facing some issue with this.

4. Is there any way I can schedule my power embedded Pause and play activity on Azure.

Thanks In Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Akash-Shedge 

Please check if the below posts could help you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embedded-How-does-it-refresh-reports/td-p/55375

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embedded-Data-Resfresh-Azure-SQL/td-p/454402

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the Answer.

Links are helpful.

Still, confused on one thing I have created a report with a direct query and published it.

Then I have stopped the power bi embedded service for some time and again start it, and see my direct query mode report switch to import mode. is this an error or what 

This is happening because I have stopped power bi embedded service on Azure.

If yes, Is there any way to move report back to direct query mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors