Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Refresh timings and daylight savings

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a scheduled refresh that correctly adapts to our local timezone? It seems as if the only option I can see in the dropdown is UTC plus or minus some number of hours, so after the UK switched to BST over the weekend, a report that was timed to update at 9am will now update at 10am. Changing potentially hundreds of reports every six months is clearly not ideal, can we not set up a refresh so that it will update at 9am UK time, regardless of what that is in relation to UTC?

edit - this now appears to have rectified itself automatically in the last few hours, no idea why

6 REPLIES 6
StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This still not fixed after all these years?

MaddogMikeB_A_G
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this problem right now - so i dont think that it is fixed!

GrahamDean

Is this still unresolved ?   I am looking at using the PBI Service and setting up data set refreshes and they are linked only to a specific UTC time with no allowance for daylight saving...  Does this mean that when daylight saving ends (and starts) all my reports will change their refresh schedule by an hour ?  Is this acceptable given the potential nature of the reports ?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jthomson ,

You can take a look at following blogs which mentioned daylight saving calculation:

Daylight Saving Time And Time Zones In M

Convert UTC to Local Time with Daylight Savings Support in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'm talking about scheduling a refresh within the service, not anything to do with manipulation in Power Query, DAX etc

This last weekend New Zealand changed from GMT+13 to GMT+12. A report that was scheduled to run at 8 PM ran at 7 PM, and retrieved data that was in the middle of being prepared for upload. This resulted in the Power BI report having garbage data in the automatically emailed post-refresh email. This was followed by the dataset updating correctly at 8 PM, but with no post-refresh email. This led to an errant Power BI report being sent to my manager.

I support @jthomson's request to have Power BI dataset refresh schedules account for changes in timezone offsets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors