Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinothkumar1990
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh the tables in different timing

Hi,

I have two different datasources in a Power BI temlate. First one is SQL Server and second one is SAP BW. I have created the many calculated columns using Ralated function to compare both the data(e.g. IF(RELATED(SAPBW[COL1]) = SQL[COL1], "Match", "Mis Match")). Due to some reason, i want to refresh only the SAP BW data at 4AM and SQL Server data at 7 PM. Is there any way to refresh these data in different times.

Note:

I have created the SAP BW dataset template and uploaded them in Power BI Service and then called them as live connection in another SQL Server dataset template but the calculated columns are not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @vinothkumar1990 ,

I do not beliee that there is a way to separate refreshes on datasources on one single report.  However, if you split the two datasources into two separate reports and then combine those later into one (or into a report) you could have them update at different times.  Or, you could use a dataflow and have that update at one point and then combine that to a report.  The issue is that datsources within a file become one dataset and the dataset is what is refreshed - thereby, all datasources within the report get refreshed at once.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vinothkumar1990
Helper II
Helper II

I have created two live connections but the "Related" function is not working to compare both the source and target columns. Is there is any way

vinothkumar1990
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I have tried this soluction, i am able to refresh the source data in different times but i am not able to create the calculated columns(e.g. IF(RELATED(SAPBW[COL1]) = SQL[COL1], "Match", "Mis Match"))

Thanks,

Vinoth

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vinothkumar1990 ,

Data refresh is based on dataset .Even the  data of report from different data source ,after you published, in Power BI

Service ,only have one dataset.And when you refresh the dataset, the data sources involved in the dataset are refreshed together.The only way is exactly collinq so mentioned ,split the two datasources into two separate reports and then combine those later into one (or into a report) you could have them update at different times. 

The following article may be helpful for you:

Refreshing from multiple data sources, on different time of day

Best Regards

Lucien

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @vinothkumar1990 ,

I do not beliee that there is a way to separate refreshes on datasources on one single report.  However, if you split the two datasources into two separate reports and then combine those later into one (or into a report) you could have them update at different times.  Or, you could use a dataflow and have that update at one point and then combine that to a report.  The issue is that datsources within a file become one dataset and the dataset is what is refreshed - thereby, all datasources within the report get refreshed at once.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors