Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vickram
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh report in power BI service

I have published a multipage report to Power BI Service from power BI desktop. 

Now, I have added couple of new report pages in my BI Desktop. Is there any way to update the changes I made in Power BI Desktop report to refresh the report pages in Power BI services withouth deleting and republishing the report to Power BI service?

I tried clicking on "Refresh" and it does not work.

Any help please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Vickram - If the Power BI desktop file has the same name you can re-publish the report to the same workspace.

You will get a prompt that a report with the same name exists, you can select the option to overwrite - post the you should be able to see the updates in the reports in Power BI service 

Sumanth_23_0-1601437012689.png

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Vickram - If the Power BI desktop file has the same name you can re-publish the report to the same workspace.

You will get a prompt that a report with the same name exists, you can select the option to overwrite - post the you should be able to see the updates in the reports in Power BI service 

Sumanth_23_0-1601437012689.png

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Thanks Sumanth

hi @Vickram - Happy to help!! 🙂.  Please do provide a kudos (👍) if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Vickram
Helper III
Helper III

Just adding some further info: there is no change in the dataset. Dataset remains the same, only couple of report pages added

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors