Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

awiebe
Frequent Visitor

Refresh rate workaround for MYSQL database

Hello,

For my application I need Power Bi to be able to refresh the data it is getting from the MYSQL database at at least a 2 minute refresh rate.

Is there a workaround to do this considering that the Pro version of Power BI only allows for 48 refreshes per day (which is not enough for what i need).

Thanks,

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
awiebe
Frequent Visitor

@v-xuding-msft @GilbertQ 

From what I understand, DirectQuery is not applicable with MySQL only with SQL and other databases.

Also it appears that for the most part, real-time streaming is really only applicable with cards?

Perhaps I'm incorrect though. For my application I need to track a number of moving objects on a map with gps coordinates.

Hi there

If you wanted that then you would be able to possibly using a visual using a real-time dataset on a dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @awiebe ,

As GilbertQ suggested, it is a good idea for always showing the latest data to connect with Direct Query mode or create a real-time streaming dataset. I add two documents that you can reference.

Data is changing frequently, and near ‘real-time’ reporting is needed Models with Imported data can be refreshed at most once per hour. Hence, if the data is continually changing, and it is necessary for reports to show the latest data, then using Import with scheduled refresh might not meet those needs. Note also that it is also possible to stream data directly into Power BI, though there are limits on the data volumes supported for this case.

Using DirectQuery, by contrast, means that opening or refreshing a report or dashboard will always show the latest data in the source. Additionally, the dashboard tiles can be updated more frequently (as often as every 15 mins).

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you want something so quickly you would ideally have to use DirectQuery to get it refreshing as often as you need.

Or you could use a streaming dataset to stream the data into Power BI?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors