Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh rapport in browser on ODATA Dynamics 365 data

hi,

In my desktop, i have created a power bi report via OData connected to microsoft dynamics 365.

Al looks well, when i refresh in destkop, I get new data.

However when i refresh in the browser, i do not get the latest data.

I have to do a new publish to get the latest data into the browser.

How can I solve this?

Kind regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you mean you'd like to achieve the manaully refresh? you can click "Refresh now" under dataset pane rather than report pane. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous 

There're 3 connection modes for all data source: Import, DirectQuery and live connection. Only the last 2 can meet your request that every time you refresh the report you can get the latest data. But for Odata file, it's not accessible to use the next 2 connections.  Report are always follow the updates of dataset, that means refresh the report can not retrive the latest dataset.  you can only manage the refresh by manually refresh or schedule refresh.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

When you refresh the report in the service, the report won't change if dataset isn't refreshed. that means we need to refresh the dataset actually before refresh the latest report which reflecting it. How to keep dataset as latest in every refresh? then we need implement the gateway as bridge to connect the on-premises data with service.  you can refer to the official doecument for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-desktop-file-onedrive

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

002.PNG

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Thanks for your input.

The data of Dynamics is stored in the cloud.

So in the Gateway Connection, I get the message : 

You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect.

I was able to add a sheduled refresh, which ran and updated the data at 7 o clock this morning.

However, I want users to be able to refresh the data during the day (at runtime).

How can I achieve this?

Kind regards,

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you mean you'd like to achieve the manaully refresh? you can click "Refresh now" under dataset pane rather than report pane. 

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

The dataset refresh is indeed working, thanks for this.

But should teh refresh button on the report not do the same?

Now i have to ask bussiness to refresh the data set and that is not an ideal way of working.

Kind regards

Hi @Anonymous 

There're 3 connection modes for all data source: Import, DirectQuery and live connection. Only the last 2 can meet your request that every time you refresh the report you can get the latest data. But for Odata file, it's not accessible to use the next 2 connections.  Report are always follow the updates of dataset, that means refresh the report can not retrive the latest dataset.  you can only manage the refresh by manually refresh or schedule refresh.

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors