Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nikode
Frequent Visitor

Refresh problem from sharepoint online to ssas tabular model

Hello all,

I have a task, I want to create report in to PowerBI services from SharePoint online list.
I have imported sharepoint online list through "odata feed" connector to ssdt (2017), where I created several measures and deploy this tabular model to SSAS (2017), then I connect this model from PowerBI services.
I have problem with model refresh. When I input apropriate credentials, the model is refreshed during 1 hour and after that job is stopped, because credentials problem.

Please see screenshots.

screenshot after entering credentials, during 1 hour "refresh job" is workingscreenshot after entering credentials, during 1 hour "refresh job" is working

screenshot after 1 hour, the job is stopped with error. The credentials is flies offscreenshot after 1 hour, the job is stopped with error. The credentials is flies off

Curious is that, in the ssdt, table process (Model -> Process -> Process Table) is refreshed with out problem any time.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nikode ,

Since the data model is hosted on on-premise SSAS, when trying to refresh data on Power BI Service side, you need to configure data gateway.

By the way, why not directly connect to SharePoint online list in Power BI desktop, then, publish the .pbix file to Service.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft  Thank you for replay.

I have already configured data gateway, through which I connect PowerBI service and on-premise SSAS.

I have tried second way 

Spoiler
By the way, why not directly connect to SharePoint online list in Power BI desktop, then, publish the .pbix file to Service.

but if there is something chaged in online list, this change will not appear in PowerBI Service.

nikode
Frequent Visitor

for second way, I changed data source credentials to odata, and refresh is working thank to @v-yulgu-msft 

odata.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors