Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kelly_Zhu
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh passed in the desktop, but failed in the service.message is "An existing connection was..."

Hi Everyone,

My report can completed refresh in the desktop and publish successfully, but refresh in the service failed after new year holiday.

The message is "Odata: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface."

Could you help me to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Kelly

11 REPLIES 11
Ons
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We're facing the same issue since the last month and still the same error when refreshing on the service,

Does anyone find out a solution ?

Hi,

The reason of the issue I faced is too large datasize, much large than limitation of PBI Service and there is no solution.

Our customers receive this error with OData downloads of little larger than 10 MB (compressed size). Do you happen to know the actual limitation of PBI service? The error typically occurs one minute after the OData payload has been downloaded.

Kelly_Zhu
Helper III
Helper III

My dataset don't use data gateway, so I don't need to make sure if my gateway is the latest.

Gateway.PNG

Hi @Kelly_Zhu,

Can you please share more detail informations about this issue?
Based on your error message, I think it may related to odata setting, perhaps you can take a look at below link:

unable to read data from the transport connection an existing connection was forcibly closed by remo...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Could you tell me which kind of detail information I need provide?

Thanks,

Kelly

HI @Kelly_Zhu,

>>Could you tell me which kind of detail information I need provide?

For example: Odata instance setting, detail error log, proxy setting(if you enabled)

BTW, based on your error message, I think this issue more related to your odata server side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your reply!

Could you tell me how to find out my odata server?

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi @Kelly_Zhu,

I think you can also submit a support ticket for further support.

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Hi xiaoxin, Sure. I have submitted a ticket when I find this issue. Thanks, Kelly
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Many peoples are facing the same issues from new year onwards.

Even i'm also facing the refresh issue in power bi service.

Regards,

Bajee.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors