Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dylan_Lemasson
Frequent Visitor

Refresh on app.powerbi.com break some visuals

Hi,

I made a report with Power BI desktop that works well but if I publish it in the web app, some visuals won't load (It works few times actually) and send the following error :

The query referenced column 'EstimationBatterie'[Date de fin] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''.

I saw that I'm not the only one with this message and it seems it's a bug. I don't use RELATED(), I use LOOKUPVALUE() if that help.

Data in this table are Date, text and number types.

The table where problems are is a table created with DAX expression like this :

EstimationBatterie = 
SUMMARIZE (
    ReleveEtatPasserelle;
    ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.identifiantPasserelle.numeroSerie];
    "Last Date"; MAX ( ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.dateDeLInformation.1] );
    "Previous Date"; MAX ( ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.dateDeLInformation.1] ) -6;
    "Nombre de compteurs"; MAX( ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.nombreDeCompteursAvecIdentifiantFabricantAttendu]);
    "Last Product"; CALCULATE (
    FIRSTNONBLANK ( ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.identifiantPasserelle.numeroSerie]; 1 );
    FILTER ( ReleveEtatPasserelle; ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.dateDeLInformation.1] = MAX ( ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.dateDeLInformation.1] ) )
    )
)

EstimationBatterie'[Date de fin] shown in the error message is created like this :

Date de fin = IFERROR(IF(EstimationBatterie[Jours restants]>0 && EstimationBatterie[Jours restants]<100000;TODAY()+EstimationBatterie[Jours restants];BLANK());BLANK())

EstimationBatterie[Jours restants] :

Jours restants = IFERROR(IF(EstimationBatterie[Conso precedente]>0;IFERROR(ROUND(((46800000000-EstimationBatterie[Conso actuelle])/(EstimationBatterie[Conso actuelle]-EstimationBatterie[Conso precedente])*6);0);BLANK());BLANK());BLANK())

EstimationBatterie[Conso actuelle] :

Conso actuelle = IFERROR(LOOKUPVALUE(ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.consommationDepuisInsertionBatterie.valeur];
    ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.dateDeLInformation.1];
    EstimationBatterie[Last Date];
    ReleveEtatPasserelle[Document.etatPasserelle.identifiantPasserelle.numeroSerie];
    EstimationBatterie[Document.etatPasserelle.identifiantPasserelle.numeroSerie]);BLANK())

EstimationBatterie[Conso precedente] is the same DAX expression than [Conso actuelle] with a different date in parameter.

The visuals I should see :

Visual BI desktop.PNG

What I have on the web app :

Visual BI web.PNG

I try IFERROR() to prevent wrong format but I'm not even sure it does something.

If it's hard to understand, I can provide .pbix file (I don't know if it is useful without access to database).

Regards,

Dylan

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Dylan_Lemasson,

You may refer to this similar case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-query-referenced-column-which-depends-on-another-column....

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the answer.

I thought about that, I have a value in table equals to 3 082 680 000 000 000 000.

In the doc, it's written :

Whole Number – Represents a 64 bit (eight-byte) integer value. Because it’s an integer, it has no digits to the right of the decimal place. It allows for 19 digits; positive or negative whole numbers between -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (-2^63) and 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (2^63-1). 

Is this OK ?

Regards,

Dylan 

I tried the different types, whole number, decimal number and fixed decimal number.

I also filtered high value to not have 19 digit numbers.

It didn't work.

I have an other visual which don't depend on the same columns with the same bug. It also use LOOKUPVALUE().

I think the issue came from this DAX function but I don't know how to replace it...

Regards,

Dylan

I just figured out when I publish the report, it works fine :

Visuals OK.PNG

But when the first refresh ends :

Visuals NOK.PNG

I'm started to think it's not my function but a bug in power bi web ?

Regards,

Dylan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors